Bird’s Eye: A fine range of buildings, from the heights of Dubai, to the follies, to an open wall resort (just the place for those want to feel like Tyrion Lanaster in the sky cells of the Eyrie). While the “Lighting up the Night” is only partially architecture, all of it is beautiful.
* Dubai Eyewitness
* Ten Follies Twisted Sifter
In architecture, a folly is a building constructed primarily for decoration, but either suggesting by its appearance some other purpose, or merely so extravagant that it transcends the normal range of garden ornaments or other class of building to which it belongs.
* The ‘Open Wall’ Resort in St. Lucia Twisted Sifter
Located just outside of Soufrière, St. Lucia, the Ladera Resort features 9 villas and 23 suites with an ‘open wall’ where the west side of every unit is left open and exposed to the breathtaking views of the Piton Mountains and Caribbean sea.
* Most Beautiful Mosques From Around the World
* Lighting Up the Night In Focus – The Atlantic
Bird’s Eye: The top architects is a pretty subjective list (like all top ten lists) but there are many stunningly beautiful buildings herein on which you can glom your peepers.
* The 10 Greatest Modern Architects of Our Time Freshome
* The World’s Most Beautiful Buildings Lonely Planet
* Gargoyles – Glorious Gruesome Grotesques Kuriositas
* The Curvaceous ‘Marilyn Monroe’ Absolute Towers Twisted Sifter
* Entrance to the Saint Petersburg Mosque Twisted Sifter
Bird’s Eye: Oh brave new world, that has such machines in it! as Miranda almost said. Enjoy time-lapse photography of a 30 story building going up in 15 days, and if you personally may not (well, not just yet) need a robot to turn your cheeses, perhaps a self-making bed may be what will make your life complete.
* World’s Tallest Building Will Be Built In China, Over 90 Days - Boing Boing
Broad Sustainable Building (BSB) is an innovative Chinese architectural firm whose mission is to erect “medium-cost, super-saving utility buildings and to promote a futuristic urban lifestyle.” They are planning to build the world’s tallest building, the Sky City Tower in Changsha, Hunan, whose 220 storeys will be erected in 90 days. The timelapse video above shows another BSB project, a 30-storey hotel that went up in 15 days.
* Cheese-Flipping Robot Patiently Rotates Gruyere – Boing Boing
K0re on YouTube had a genuinely wonderful day in Switzerland … in the company of a machine that patiently rotates wheels of cheese.
* The Self-Making Bed The Presurfer